CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: answering Andrews database questions (follow-up)

Posted by ballendo
on 2002-01-30 12:15:46 UTC
Andrew,

I just checked and while there is no "search" function, the table CAN
be exported as a comma delimited file. I have done so, and will now
do so as part of my "duties" (this will be a sort of "backup" should
the things you describe, happen. (at which point the setting would
likely be changed to prevent a recurrence, as well).

Anyway, since it can be exported, it could be searched "Locally",
using tools on your computer.

Currently only group members can add, and edit records. So if there
is a problem, we know it was one of us.

Hope this helps.

Ballendo

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "ballendo" <ballendo@y...> wrote:
> Andrew,
>
> The database originally had no "subjective" text field for exactly
> these reasons. Also it originally allowed users to "create"
records,
> but NOT to "edit" them. Also done to prevent problems as you (and
> other posts in this thread) mention.
>
> Due to some <snip>

Discussion Thread

Andrew Werby 2002-01-30 10:00:23 UTC Rhino and the Database (was: Re: Hello, and a CAM question....) John Heritage-UK 2002-01-30 11:29:29 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Rhino and the Database (was: Re: Hello, and a CAM question....) ballendo 2002-01-30 11:56:27 UTC answering Andrews database questions was Rhino and the Database ballendo 2002-01-30 12:15:46 UTC Re: answering Andrews database questions (follow-up)