CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Helical interpolation

Posted by Marcus & Eva
on 2002-01-30 21:22:21 UTC
Hi Tony:
I've always ended up hand coding stuff like that.
You need to find out what routine your controller prefers: the two most
common ones appear to be a G02 or G03 with a Z command followed by a loop
command, or a dedicated G word and a statement of degrees of rotation
together with a targert Z level.
I'm sure there's lots of others out there too.
Getting a post processor to do this is probably a cast iron b---h!
Cheers

Marcus
----- Original Message -----
From: "Tony Dickson" <antson@...>
To: <CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 30, 2000 3:53 PM
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Cirular interpolation

> Folks,
> I'm having a heck of a time trying to get my milling machine thread a
4.500" hole with an 8 tpi thread in it. Can anyone tell me if Bobcad,
Vectorcad or Dolphin can generate code for this particular operation. I
think it might also be called helical interpolation, I'm not sure.
> I got in on the end of the "thread milling" post a while back, I hope
I'm not repeating the same question.

> Thanks,
> Tony

Discussion Thread

Marcus & Eva 2002-01-30 21:22:21 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Helical interpolation Tony Dickson 2002-01-31 16:23:25 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Helical interpolation