CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] drilling techniques for plastic to get specificsized hole?

Posted by Sven Peter
on 2002-02-01 05:19:37 UTC
.Hello Loyd,
UHMW was always a fight for me,
At the end I turned out to make test runs to find out the right oversize
drill. But if you try within the same hole you never get to the right
dril size.
Try drilling direct. But remember that this palstic expands with
storrage humidity by some 3 or 5 % so "#$%#/$/$%(&%/ for high precision
parts.
have fun
Sven Peter