CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] drilling techniques for plastic to get specificsized hole?

Posted by Sven Peter
on 2002-02-01 21:46:33 UTC
Finally my 2 cent.
We were talking about UHMW and certainly on the kind of UHMW I used to
work with the reamer would be the worst tool to use.
If at all a highly sharpened special plastic or Aluminium mill will get
results using it with compressed air and circulating the size of the
hole. And still You will have to fight with some thousands of shrinking.
if you need precision holes. Boring will work only with a very sharp
toolbit (20 to 30°chissel angle)
If not you get again the Murphey effect.
Have fun!
Sven Peter