CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

re: Re: using printer motors

Posted by Elliot Burke
on 2002-02-01 17:26:00 UTC
Bob,
I suppose what I wrote wasn't clear.

The question is:
Is it possible to cut a few traces in the printer and supply low level
signals to the circuitry already in the printer, in order to control it?

The printer has the necessary power supply and control electronics, I want
to hijack them for my purposes.

Simply sending a print file to the printer won't do the job.

Many people have made their own stepper driver boards, I would prefer to
recyle one that already exists.

The board has two UDN2917EB chips, which are stepper motor drivers. They
are probably connected to a microprocessor on board, so breaking into the
circuit there would make some sense.

If this path is not well traveled, then I shall report here the results of
my experiments.

Elliot

Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 20:06:40 -0000
From: "cncdxf" <cncdxf@...>
Subject: Re: using printer motors

Elliot,
Pay no attention to the man behind that curtain!

Check out:

http://www.luberth.com/plotter/plotter.htm

Click on the links on the left hand side. They are places
where people build CNC machines and plotters from printer
parts. Check out Florin.

Bob

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "Elliot Burke" <elliot@h...> wrote:
> Has anyone hacked a Epson inkjet printer? I have a model 600.
> The across the paper mechanism looks like it will work for a
project.
> There is a power supply, motor driver, slides, belt.
>
> How to get pulses from my computer to the Epson (stepper?) motor?
>
> A schematic might help.
>
> Ideas?

Discussion Thread

Elliot Burke 2002-02-01 10:04:19 UTC using printer motors Ian W. Wright 2002-02-01 10:27:22 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] using printer motors cncdxf 2002-02-01 12:06:43 UTC Re: using printer motors Elliot Burke 2002-02-01 17:26:00 UTC re: Re: using printer motors cncdxf 2002-02-01 18:01:53 UTC Re: using printer motors