CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: More on the Cinci ballscrews

Brad Heuver wrote:

> From: "Brad Heuver" <bheuver@...>
>
> Well, last night I got brave, and disassembled (partially) the nuts...
> What I found, was that the assy is actually two nuts, that share the
> balls between the two. They are held together with the mounting bolts.
> There is a ground spacer between the two that sets the preload (I'm
> guessing) between the two halves.

Shares the balls? Hmm, that's unusual. So, the balls go around
at least one full turn (probably about 1 3/4 turns) on one nut, then
through a tube to the other nut, around it and then through a tube
back to the first nut? I've never seen one like that! Most separate
2-nut systems have the balls for each nut circulate only within that
nut. Some of the one-piece nuts have the balls recirculate all the
way through. One advantage of the Cinci. nut is that two longer tubes
allow more balls to be in circulation, prolonging their life.

Good luck!

Brad Heuver 1999-11-12 07:12:38 UTC More on the Cinci ballscrews Jon Elson 1999-11-12 11:08:56 UTC Re: More on the Cinci ballscrews PTENGIN@x... 1999-11-12 11:50:05 UTC Re: More on the Cinci ballscrews