CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Where can I get plastic rollers

Posted by ballendo
on 2002-02-12 02:13:35 UTC
Hello,

A lot of companies have many levels of pricing, based on volume,
location, support, licensing, etc. To get a "correct" price, you have
to call and let them know who they're selling to... (and that way the
salesman can "sell" TOO.<G> But there really are reasons for not
posting prices).

So you will still know before you buy.

Hope this helps.

Ballendo

P.S. Depending on the type of machine you are building, this type of
roller may not be a good idea. It has a LOT of contact area, with a
considerable amount of "sliding" friction. Sometimes the "wiping"
action of this sliding friction is used to keep things cleaner. These
are usually found performing LOW precision linear motion. (also in
relatively "clean" environs, if needed precision is higher)

But if this is destined for a router or plasma cutter, I'd look at
some other roller designs.

P.P.S. Thomson is the originator of the round rail linear ball
bushing style of linear motion. They are, $hall we $ay, PROUD of
their product$ ;-) Many companies, such as Hiwin and Pacific bearing
make inexpensive/less-expensive "drop-in" replacements for many
thomson sizes and styles of bearing.

And again the caution about buying linear bearings on the surplus
market: Some linear bearings REQUIRE FLAT ground steel surfaces to
work properly, or at all...

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "John H." <johnhe-uk@s...> wrote:
> So why is it so hard to put some prices on a web page? I usually
like to
> know how much things cost before I buy them.
>
> John
>
> > I don't even know if _plastic_ ones exist, but if you'll check
out:

> > http://www.thomsonindustries.com
> >
> > You might find something like what you discribe. Click on
Products,
> Linear
> > guides, and then, roundway roller guides.
> >
> > Bill

Discussion Thread

Lloyd Leung 2002-02-09 14:59:45 UTC Where can I get plastic rollers Bill Vance 2002-02-09 16:45:02 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Where can I get plastic rollers John H. 2002-02-09 17:38:35 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Where can I get plastic rollers Mike Snodgrass 2002-02-10 12:40:37 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Where can I get plastic rollers ballendo 2002-02-12 02:13:35 UTC Re: Where can I get plastic rollers