CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Alberta Printed Circuits drill rack warning

Posted by Dan Mauch
on 1999-11-21 05:53:23 UTC
I use AP circuits all the time. You do really need to be aware of the
"standard" drill buts that are used because you are right. If you use a lot
of extra bits not on their list the price goes up quickly.
You also have to read their instructions. They require the hole sizes to be
.003 fro plating. So you don't give the final sizes but the D+.003 value in
the drill racks.
However, with this in mind, I still like their 3 day service.

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Nuspel <nuspelg@...>
Newsgroups: comp.robotics.misc,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design
To: CAD CAM EDM DRO <CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@onelist.com>
Date: Sunday, November 21, 1999 3:54 AM
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Alberta Printed Circuits drill rack warning

>From: Greg Nuspel <nuspelg@...>
>
>I learnt the hard way about checking you drill rack against the board
>shops standard drill rack. So I hope to prevent anyone else from having
>this happen to them.
>
>I designed two circuit boards for a project. They are approximately 3 x
>3 inches. I sent the files to Alberta Printed Circuits here in Calgary.
>They have an automated system that reads the files and information then
>makes the boards. I didn't realize that the Eagle
>http://www.cadsoftusa.com program had selected 5 and 6 drills for the
>respective boards that were not on their standard drill rack. They
>charged me $13.50 per drill extra setup fee. Now my project gained
>$148.50 in cost. I must admit that it was my fault, even though I had
>stated I wanted the most economical setup possible being my first hobby
>project to be made this way. Being a machinist I was surprised that they
>had to do two setups, on two consecutive job numbers using the same
>extra drills. I will be shopping for another board shop.
>
>--
>Greg Nuspel
>
>"Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. "
> - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)
>
>Home of the BigMouth Clamp
>http://www.cadvision.com/nuspelg
>ICQ 13585790
>
>>Welcome to CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@...,an unmoderated list for the
discussion of shop built systems in the above catagories.
>To Unsubscribe, read archives, change to or from digest.
>Go to: http://www.onelist.com/isregistered.cgi
>Log on, and you will go to Member Center, and you can make changes there.
>For the FAQ, go to http://www.ktmarketing.com/faq.html
>bill,
>List Manager

Discussion Thread

Greg Nuspel 1999-11-21 03:54:29 UTC Alberta Printed Circuits drill rack warning Dan Mauch 1999-11-21 05:53:23 UTC Re: Alberta Printed Circuits drill rack warning Steve Carlisle 1999-11-21 09:42:30 UTC Re: Alberta Printed Circuits drill rack warning Bertho Boman 1999-11-21 09:38:00 UTC Re: Alberta Printed Circuits drill rack warning Greg Nuspel 1999-11-21 09:42:29 UTC Re: Alberta Printed Circuits drill rack warning