CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Alberta Printed Circuits drill rack warning

on 1999-11-21 09:42:30 UTC
Well, we all learn from our mistake's. I have heard many good
expierences from people that have used APC. It's always at the
top of the list for circuit board makers.

Steve Carlisle

----------
From: Greg Nuspel <nuspelg@...>
To: CAD CAM EDM DRO <CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@onelist.com>
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Alberta Printed Circuits drill rack warning
Date: Sunday, November 21, 1999 3:54 AM

From: Greg Nuspel <nuspelg@...>

I learnt the hard way about checking you drill rack against the board
shops standard drill rack. So I hope to prevent anyone else from having
this happen to them.

I designed two circuit boards for a project. They are approximately 3 x
3 inches. I sent the files to Alberta Printed Circuits here in Calgary.
They have an automated system that reads the files and information then
makes the boards. I didn't realize that the Eagle
http://www.cadsoftusa.com program had selected 5 and 6 drills for the
respective boards that were not on their standard drill rack. They
charged me $13.50 per drill extra setup fee. Now my project gained
$148.50 in cost. I must admit that it was my fault, even though I had
stated I wanted the most economical setup possible being my first hobby
project to be made this way. Being a machinist I was surprised that they
had to do two setups, on two consecutive job numbers using the same
extra drills. I will be shopping for another board shop.

--
Greg Nuspel

"Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. "
- Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

Home of the BigMouth Clamp
http://www.cadvision.com/nuspelg
ICQ 13585790

Welcome to CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@...,an unmoderated list for the
discussion of shop built systems in the above catagories.
To Unsubscribe, read archives, change to or from digest.
Go to: http://www.onelist.com/isregistered.cgi
Log on, and you will go to Member Center, and you can make changes there.
For the FAQ, go to http://www.ktmarketing.com/faq.html
bill,
List Manager

Discussion Thread

Greg Nuspel 1999-11-21 03:54:29 UTC Alberta Printed Circuits drill rack warning Dan Mauch 1999-11-21 05:53:23 UTC Re: Alberta Printed Circuits drill rack warning Steve Carlisle 1999-11-21 09:42:30 UTC Re: Alberta Printed Circuits drill rack warning Bertho Boman 1999-11-21 09:38:00 UTC Re: Alberta Printed Circuits drill rack warning Greg Nuspel 1999-11-21 09:42:29 UTC Re: Alberta Printed Circuits drill rack warning