CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Jog wheel construction was Re: Fanuc 6T controller picture posted, hand wheels

Posted by ballendo
on 2002-02-14 03:10:49 UTC
Hello,

Some commercial jog wheels are simply encoders with a "detent" disk
added (often under or incorporated into the knob itself). There's a
spring steel finger to do the "clicking"...

Hope this helps.

Ballendo

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., Alan Marconett KM6VV <KM6VV@a...> wrote:
> Hi Larry,
>
> Yes, I remember a discussion on using a stepper for an encoder some
time
> ago on the list. This would make a nice knob! The panel shaft
encoders
> I have been playing around with have a little "feel", but nowhere
like
> that of a stepper. I suppose we could play with using a stepper for
> this.
>
> Alan KM6VV
>

> Larry Van Duyn wrote:
> >
> > Alan Marconett KM6VV wrote:
> >
> > >Hi Fred,
> > >
> > >Are you saying that the pulse generating hand wheels actually
have some
> > >force feedback, or that you can feel the steps (detents?) of the
> > >encoder? So once zeroed, their scales remain accurate to
position, just
> > >like a manual mill? "Just getting motion" when one turns the
handwheel
> > >is less then desired, I take it? Things just got a little
tougher!

> > >Best regards,
> > >
> > >Alan KM6VV
> > >
> > Alan.....
> > My controller is an AB 8400MP (Fred has one of these also)
which
> > uses a stepper motor for handwheel input. The
> > magnetic cogging provides the detent feel.. The stepper is
connected to
> > a small circuit card which generates the
> > normal quadrature signals for the control.. The feedrate overide
switch
> > determines what each detent is equal to - from
> > (I think) 50 thou per down to 1/2 thou per step.. Works very well
and
> > has a very positive feel...
> > Larry...

Discussion Thread

Alan Marconett KM6VV 2002-02-13 10:39:31 UTC Re: Fanuc 6T controller picture posted, hand wheels Larry Van Duyn 2002-02-13 11:12:01 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Fanuc 6T controller picture posted, hand wheels IMService 2002-02-13 11:50:03 UTC Re: Re: Fanuc 6T controller picture posted, hand wheels Alan Marconett KM6VV 2002-02-13 12:33:46 UTC Re: Fanuc 6T controller picture posted, hand wheels Alan Marconett KM6VV 2002-02-13 12:41:32 UTC Re: Fanuc 6T controller picture posted, hand wheels ballendo 2002-02-14 03:10:49 UTC Jog wheel construction was Re: Fanuc 6T controller picture posted, hand wheels