CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Fanuc 6T controller picture posted, hand wheels

on 2002-02-13 10:39:31 UTC
Hi Fred,

Are you saying that the pulse generating hand wheels actually have some
force feedback, or that you can feel the steps (detents?) of the
encoder? So once zeroed, their scales remain accurate to position, just
like a manual mill? "Just getting motion" when one turns the handwheel
is less then desired, I take it? Things just got a little tougher!

Best regards,

Alan KM6VV

imserv1 wrote:

> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., Chris L <datac@l...> wrote:
> > > imserv1 wrote:
> <SNIP>
> One of the biggest contrasts to me between the commercial class
> controllers and the hobby machines is the lack of a tactile feedback
> for machine jogging.
>
> The pulse generating hand wheels are superb for precise positioning
> of spindle or turret, whereas the use of arrow keys is one of the
> most disappointing parts of the hobby controllers. The pulse wheels
> are nice because one revolution is meaningful 1.0 .100 .01 per rev
> etc. Count the revs, ten and you have moved 10 inches. This means
> that you can focus your attention to the moving parts of the machine
> and simultaneously position using the control knob. From a user
> interface stand point this is a shortcoming of PC based controls. It
> is also less safe because you must focus on the PC screen, focus on
> the moving machine, back and forth, rather than just watch the
> movement while your hand has precise control over it.
>
> <SNIP>
> Best Regards,
>
> Fred Smith
> IMService

Discussion Thread

Alan Marconett KM6VV 2002-02-13 10:39:31 UTC Re: Fanuc 6T controller picture posted, hand wheels Larry Van Duyn 2002-02-13 11:12:01 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Fanuc 6T controller picture posted, hand wheels IMService 2002-02-13 11:50:03 UTC Re: Re: Fanuc 6T controller picture posted, hand wheels Alan Marconett KM6VV 2002-02-13 12:33:46 UTC Re: Fanuc 6T controller picture posted, hand wheels Alan Marconett KM6VV 2002-02-13 12:41:32 UTC Re: Fanuc 6T controller picture posted, hand wheels ballendo 2002-02-14 03:10:49 UTC Jog wheel construction was Re: Fanuc 6T controller picture posted, hand wheels