CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Paste while emc running

Posted by Fred Proctor
on 1999-11-22 10:26:28 UTC
Ray Henry wrote:

> I was running emc while editing with VIM and found that VIM's paste always
> inserted the currently running emc part program line instead of what I had
> copied.
>
> I see that the tkemc editor does not do quite the same thing. It will
> paste the copied text though there appears to be some interaction because
> genedit will drop a highlight whenever emc starts a new part program line.

The paste problem with xemc is a legitimate problem that is fixed
(almost) in TkEmc. The highlight-dropping in TkEmc is probably due to
the default behavior when highlighting in the text widget. If anyone
does an Tk programming, perhaps they can look at the end of tkemc.tcl,
in the update function, and in genedit.tcl, where the cut/paste code is.

--Fred

Discussion Thread

Fred Proctor 1999-11-22 10:26:28 UTC Re: Paste while emc running