CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: What's better, extruded heatsinks or ma chines heatsinks?

Posted by fast1994gto
on 2002-02-17 11:16:17 UTC
You still have to have a very efficient heatsink to pull the heat
from the hot side of the TEC. You are also then back into a power
supply issue. This approach, although something I am a big fan of in
general, would be massive overkill for the Geckos as there is no
benefit in getting them to run below room temperature.

The same would apply to water cooling. Although each have a certain
gee-whiz appeal, the Geckos simpy do not need it.

I have several computers each with various incarnations of TECs and
liquid cooling. Lots of fun, but high maintenance.

Barry