CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Downgrade Nightmare....

Posted by Art Fenerty
on 2002-02-17 15:11:09 UTC
Hi Ian:

On the other hand, XP is faster than any previous version of windows and
up to twice as fast as 2000 on many apps. It appears more stable than any
other as well.
Microsoft has moved many of their GUI API's to ring0, so the system has
much less overhead in doing graphics work.

I run 2 dual boot systems (winME,WinXP / WinXP/Win2000) at the same time
and have found XP to be extremely stable compared to the rest, it does have
the same problem as unix though, if you get a spontaneous reboot while
working in things that can cause a reboot ( I get alot), files can be lost
or corrupted. I suspect WinXP is trying to make their file system a little
closer to the unix system and performs alot of cacheing and Inode type
work).

(PS, if all goes well, XP version of Master5 beta could be out in as little
as 2 weeks. (if no more snags develop, I had the Master5 pulsing engine
doing 50K per second tonight, but the beta will be locked at a lower speed
while the beta bugs are ironed out.)

Art
Master5 Software
http://users.andara.com/~fenerty/master.htm