CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Free G code Engraver Program

Posted by Jon Anderson
on 1999-11-27 15:28:55 UTC
Dan Mauch wrote:

> Carken at www.deskam.com is making availble a feeware engraver
> program that will read True type font and generate the G code.

Just downloaded it and ran a couple quick tests. Slick little program!
Filled fonts are done in outline only. If you need the center cleared it
looks like you will need to DXF out and use DesKAM. I used DesKam (demo)
to generate a G-code logo for a customer's product in a filled font. The
same font in a similar size, outlined only, runs in a fraction of the
time. I didn't actually engrave any material, but the program ran
without a hitch.

Dan, thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Dan Mauch 1999-11-27 14:20:37 UTC Re: Free G code Engraver Program Jon Anderson 1999-11-27 15:28:55 UTC Re: Free G code Engraver Program Jon Elson 1999-11-27 22:25:05 UTC Re: Free G code Engraver Program Dan Mauch 1999-11-28 05:48:03 UTC Re: Free G code Engraver Program