CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Controller Software Suggestions Please

Posted by ballendo
on 2002-02-22 06:57:50 UTC
Hello,

Be aware that YA's CncPRO is only a one block lookahead, and the CVV
breaks down for many types of files... (FYI, there are more and more
reports that the author, Doug Yeager, is not responsive to user
requests/ problems. It appears to be in its "final" form.)

Larken has "real" cvv which works very well but does not support g
code beyond G0,1,2,3. All files must be run through the import filter
(s).

SuperCAM appears to cut with cvv motion (determined from website
videos- I have an older version). Also a limited G-code input.

PlotCAM by DDT technology is designed for pcb routing and has good
cvv, but is an HPGL only product

Ah-Ha!'s artisan had problems with CVV (like YA's CncPRO) last time I
used it. They were supposed to have been fixed, Can someone verify.
John S? Bill G?

EMC, with the BDI, is a good choice, though not DOS. When the 5th
order spline is implemented it will be tough to beat, IMO.

Master5 is not DOS, but has EXCELLENT CVV performance. (and using
some EMC code)

I have personally run all these programs.

Hope this helps.

Ballendo

P.S. Dave has promised CVV in the 4.0 release of TurboCNC.

P.P.S. Can someone please comment on Flashcut, and DeskWinNC? I have
only seen/used pre-cvv versions.

> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "Daniel J. Statman" <dan.statman@r...>
> wrote:

> > believe that controller software that does continuous contouring
> will
> > alleviate this problem. Is that correct? If so, what is an
> inexpensive yet
> > effective software to use on a DOS computer?

Discussion Thread

Daniel J. Statman 2002-02-21 20:58:39 UTC Controller Software Suggestions Please imserv1 2002-02-21 21:09:27 UTC Re: Controller Software Suggestions Please ballendo 2002-02-22 06:57:50 UTC Re: Controller Software Suggestions Please