CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Mariss, can we continue?

Posted by mariss92705
on 2002-02-22 16:15:13 UTC
Sean,

First one is easy. The motor must have been going to a unipolar (and
probably L/R) type drive; the motor is wired as a 6 wire motor. Just
ignore the center-tap wires (the two that go to the jumpered
terminals).

Voltage: There are no "down-line elements to drop the voltage". What
you see is what you'll get. The power supply DC voltage tracks your
line voltage, which is spec'ed at +/- 10%. If it goes to the + side
of the spec, then 85VDC turns into 93.5VDC. Use the lower taps.

The rest work itself out. The only likely scenario of the ones you
presented is "it doesn't go fast enough". Go to parallel then per the
way I described previously.

Mariss

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "audiomaker2000" <audiomaker@s...> wrote:
> Ok, upon close inspection, it appears that the factor wiring on the
> motors is series.
>
> 7 jump 8
> 5 jump 6
> 1-2-3-4 individually go to the original drive enclosure.
>
> But, (and this was a cause of initial confusion)...
>
> 7 and 5 also are tapped and go to the original drive enclosure for
> a total of 6 wires. Initially I was thinking this was a 6 wire
drive
> and there are some implications to that which I don't fully
> understand. Basically, I counted wires in the loom and based my
> reseach on that.
>
> So... do I just ignore these 2 additional wires (remember, this is
> pre-made machine and even pulling them out of the loom is a PITA).
> According to your last instructions, I guess I just ignore them (ie
> cap them off) but I want to make double sure.
>
> In addition,
>
> You specify to set the voltage from the transformer at less than
80v.
> Since my transformer outputs 60-70-80vac at the transformer itself
> (actually 65-75-85vac via VOM), then this shouldn't be a problem
> since I suppose the the downline elements will drop the voltage.
> That will more than likely leave me with 2 or 3 options depending
on
> if the highest tap reads less than 80vdc at the drive.
> Lets just pretend that I end up with 55-65-75vdc as my options at
> the drives. Do I pick the highest one or the lowest one? What
> indicators will I have if I started in the middle as to whether I
> should step up a tap, or step down a tap (assuming all are 75vdc or
> less)?
> The next issue is the current set. You put it at 4 amps. What
> indications will I have which would lead me to up that to 5, or 7
> amps, or lower it.....as opposed to say changing the voltage on the
> transformer or deciding to rewire for parallel at the motor?
>
> To put it another way....
> Lets say I just got the machine's table moving. It feels to me
that
> the motors are too slow and lag under load. Do I change the
> transformer voltage, current set amperage, or wiring of the motor,
> or which combination in this case?
>
> Next, similar scenerio...
> Speed is good, but motor lags under load... which change combination
>
> Next again...
> Speed is slow, but enough power or torque to break a
> cutter....again...same question (except now is this a X10 issue
with
> the multiplier, or controller setup?).
>
> There seems to be quite a few options for the novice who is unable
> to do this by "feel"
>
> Maybe down the line some expert could write a tuning flow app chart
> or something?
>
> Within a month or so, I'll know a lot of these answers, but now
> might be a good opportunity to address these with the "ignorant" as
> the model end user.

> [...]

Discussion Thread

kevinagilent 2002-02-21 23:07:13 UTC unipolar or bipolar? Larry Edington 2002-02-21 23:35:57 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] unipolar or bipolar? mariss92705 2002-02-21 23:41:19 UTC Re: unipolar or bipolar? wanliker@a... 2002-02-22 10:28:46 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: unipolar or bipolar? Art Fenerty 2002-02-22 11:39:14 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: unipolar or bipolar? audiomaker2000 2002-02-22 11:43:53 UTC Re: unipolar or bipolar? mariss92705 2002-02-22 13:42:00 UTC Re: unipolar or bipolar? dave_ace_me 2002-02-22 14:48:22 UTC Re: unipolar or bipolar? audiomaker2000 2002-02-22 14:52:02 UTC Mariss, can we continue? Guy Sirois 2002-02-22 15:35:06 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: unipolar or bipolar? mariss92705 2002-02-22 16:15:13 UTC Re: Mariss, can we continue? mariss92705 2002-02-22 16:43:36 UTC Re: unipolar or bipolar? Jon Elson 2002-02-22 22:19:40 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: unipolar or bipolar? Guy Sirois 2002-02-23 06:40:56 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: unipolar or bipolar?