CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: It's ALIVE!!!!!

Clint Bach wrote:

> 4. Where do I set the jog speed? The whole thing jogs way too slow
> for my impatient nature. AHHA has a slow jog and a fast jog depending
> upon whether the shift key is pressed with the direction key. Does EMC
> have this or something similar?

Tim Goldstein has answered most of these questions, but I'll do this one.
First, get the axis scaling right, otherwise this makes no sense, as EMC
jogs in units of inches / minute. You set the jog speed with the < and >
keys, while in manual or auto. There is a default jog velocity parameter in
the .ini file. I have mine set to 45 IPM right now. You can set the jog
speed from 1 IPM (times the 10% to 100% feed rate override) up to
whatever max velocity you have set in the .ini file, with the < and > keys.

> 5. Any good advise for a newby at this point in the learning curve?
> Is there a program somewhere to help do all this easily?

There is a help file built into the EMC user interface which describes all
the parameters about as well as they are described in an html document on
the NIST web site. Just click on the help button, and scroll through
the file.

Clint Bach 1999-11-29 17:15:28 UTC It's ALIVE!!!!! Tim Goldstein 1999-11-30 09:10:36 UTC Re: It's ALIVE!!!!! Jon Elson 1999-11-30 13:40:06 UTC Re: It's ALIVE!!!!!