CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: stepperworld controller

on 2002-02-25 04:54:52 UTC
> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "kevinagilent" <scoob22@h...> wrote:
> > has anyone tried the stepperworld "FET3" controllers the price
> > looks good .
> I have one,and so far so good,I am running it at 3 amps per phase
> right now(12 volt).Kelleyware fires it right up.Quality looks very
> good.Have not had it too long,and also have the one from "Eggert
> Electronics",but none of the cnc software seems to interface with it.
> Both are being tried out on a converted mill drill.

I don't believe the Eggert Electronics board will work as a CNC
controller because of the command for loading the speed divisor
must be an integer. Works ok if you wish to move X 10" and Y 5"
by sending a speed divisor of 2 to the Y axis. However if you wish
to move X 10" and Y 3" you would need to send a divisor of 3.333
to the Y axis which isn't an option. Also it's unipolar :(

Bill

Discussion Thread

Larry Edington 2002-02-21 22:20:59 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] stepperworld controller William Scalione 2002-02-25 04:54:52 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: stepperworld controller