CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMCO Tool Turret and CNCPRO

on 2002-02-27 14:51:28 UTC
Hi Mark,

Yup! Using the spindle fwd/rev control codes (or any other for that
matter) could control an H-bridge (or something Bill calls a RELAY, what
ever that is... ;>) ).
Nice trick of using the fake A axis distance moves for the timing.
Bill, ya gotta try this!

Alan KM6VV

Mark Fraser wrote:

> CNCPro has M03, 05, 07 .... M11 commands to activate and deactivate a
> pin on the parallel port.
>
> Using a combination of what I suggested the other day along with one of
> these, we could use the following:
>
> (back the tool away safely)
> M03 (turn on the motor)
> G01 Ax Ft (move the A axis <a fictitious axis> at F feedrate to position
> x)
> G01 A0 Ft (take an equal length of time, which is what counts)
> M05 (turn the motor off)
> M10 (turn the motor on in the reverse direction
> G01 Ay Ft (similar to above, but a shorter length of time)
> G01 A0 Ft (ditto)
> M11 (stop the motor, as it's jammed against the ratchet where it
> belongs)
> (start cutting with the new tool)
>
> CNCPro has no sensing inputs, apparently, so feedback isn't an option.
>
> This approach would avoid having to use timers on the motor control
> board.
> I haven't looked at TurboCNC or Master5 or whatever.... /mark

Discussion Thread

Mark Fraser 2002-02-27 10:57:04 UTC EMCO Tool Turret and CNCPRO Alan Marconett KM6VV 2002-02-27 14:51:28 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMCO Tool Turret and CNCPRO ballendo 2002-02-28 03:39:44 UTC Re: EMCO Tool Turret and CNCPRO