CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Controllers-the missing link

Posted by aspaguy
on 2002-02-28 18:41:30 UTC
Jay,
Do a list search on flashcut vs desknc. I am also a newbie, and
asked some of the same questions about a month ago to start that
thread. Master5 was also discussed in the thread. A search for signal
generator and black box would also be fruitful. Good luck.
Dale

-- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "jbolt001" <js3mc@a...> wrote:
> So far this ia what I've come up with for my project to add cnc to
my
> Smithy Granite.
>
> 1. Hardware and mounts for a belt drive system
> 2. 450 to 500oz stepper motors in the NEMA 34 size
> 3. Stepper motor drivers rated for selected motors
> 4. Unregulated DC power supply appropriately sized for motors and
> drivers.
> 5. Controller, signal generator ?????????
> 6. CAM software
> 7. CAD software
> 8. PC
>
> I'm starting to get a feel for the steppers, drivers and power
supply
> but the controller is still somewhat of a mystery. I see there are
PC
> card systems, external systems, CAM software with controller cards
> etc.
>
> Being a total newbie to cnc how do I sort out what I need? My cnc
> purpose is purely hobby oriented and since this is my first attempt
> want to keep the costs a low as possible and still get an adequate
> system.
>
> Jay

Discussion Thread

jbolt001 2002-02-28 07:18:19 UTC Controllers-the missing link aspaguy 2002-02-28 18:41:30 UTC Re: Controllers-the missing link Chris L 2002-02-28 20:24:47 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Controllers-the missing link