CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: Re: Raw Plastics for injection molding

on 1999-12-04 06:46:49 UTC
I worked in the injection business for a few years and found that most suppliers will send you a sample of their material, if you just ask.

If you want a common material, you could even check with a local molder, if there is one local.

It is important to use the same supplier of material as not all manufacturers' material acts the same.

I would get a sample if at all possible.

I have not been in this field for about 15 years, I suppose samples could be harder to get now with all the EPA rules. If you talk just right I think you should be able to get 25lbs. Of course they will think you will be ordering by the ton if their product wins the testing. You don't have to tell them you are working with a desk top molder!

If you have trouble with that approach, post a request to the news group. There are a few molders in the group and what you need is just scrap to a full time molding shop. More of a favor than an investment!

Charles Hopkins
Hopkins Machine Company
----------
From: MIADsgns@...
Sent: Saturday, December 04, 1999 4:07 AM
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@onelist.com
Subject: Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Raw Plastics for injection molding

From: MIADsgns@...

Does someone know a good supplier of plastic pellets for using them in a desktop injection molder?
I have been using plastic recycled from 35mm containers with much success but need a direct source since I have run out of 35 mm containers.
Thanks,

Mario

BTW has anyone out there made their own injectuion molding machine?
Welcome to CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@...,an unmoderated list for the

Discussion Thread

MIADsgns@a... 1999-12-04 01:07:18 UTC Re: Re: Raw Plastics for injection molding Charles Hopkins 1999-12-04 06:46:49 UTC RE: Re: Raw Plastics for injection molding WAnliker@a... 1999-12-04 07:09:12 UTC Re: Re: Raw Plastics for injection molding Paul Devey 1999-12-04 08:20:49 UTC Re: Re: Raw Plastics for injection molding MIADsgns@x... 1999-12-05 17:28:29 UTC Re: Re: Raw Plastics for injection molding Dan Mauch 1999-12-06 06:16:05 UTC Re: Re: Raw Plastics for injection molding