r_biese wrote:

> my machine
> for an idea look for it at
> http://www.golmatic.de/englisch/gbuniver.htm
>
> so
> what I like use
> EMC with the STG board
>
> But even if ventilated a million times
>
> can I cut threads with EMC on my milling machine ??

Sure. I cut threads two ways. I can thread mill large ones with a
single-row
thread mill, using helical interpolation.

I can also drive taps with a "CNC" tapping head. I use the Procunier
15000 series. This does require you to have fairly accurate and stable
spindle speed, but it doesn't require a spindle encoder.

> Can EMC generate G code from it ?

EMC does not generate G-code, it reads it.

> Has anybody a PCB for emergengy stop etc that works with
> LINUX EMC........

i have a fairly specific one designed for use with the Servo-to-Go card.
See the first schematic at http://pico-systems.com/EMC.html
this not only does the Estop fucntion, but also will cause an E-stop if
the watchdog timer on the STG card decides that EMC is no longer
updating the servo DACs.

> I dont hate Windows...but Linux as my 6 year old Sun look alike
> never ever told me to stop work else than electricity was gone

There are those of us who agree with you!

r_biese 2002-03-03 10:40:35 UTC I need yor advice Art Fenerty 2002-03-03 11:50:37 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] I need yor advice Les Watts 2002-03-03 12:20:22 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] I need yor advice Jon Elson 2002-03-03 17:44:08 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] I need yor advice