CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] I need yor advice

Posted by Les Watts
on 2002-03-03 12:20:22 UTC
Hello Ronald!

I can't help you with all your questions but can answer a couple.

I am setting up EMC with the STG card now....the first power
up will be this week! So I, as others, will have some experiences to share.

I do have an estop circuit I designed for my machine. It is separate from
the EMC estop for reasons of safety. It will
work without the computer even being on. It does tell EMC
that it has initiated an estop. Upon hitting a limit switch or
estop button the servos are disconnected from the amplifiers
and shorted through a low value resistor for braking. Amps are disabled and
a logic fault signal is sent. The switch contacts are snubbed by 100 volt
transorbs.

I can run a servo sizing analysis program for you. I must
know machine masses, leadscrew type, friction forces, etc
as well as the performance desired... forces, velocity, and
acceleration. I can then give you the required motor and
amplifier specs.

Les

Leslie Watts
L M Watts Furniture