CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: 3D CAD software

Posted by imserv1
on 2002-03-05 20:58:55 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "John Walters" <jwalters3@k...> wrote:
> Hi
> I an new to the group and planning on purchasing a table top cnc
mill in the next
> twelve months. Presently I am designing in 2D using AutoCad
LT2000. I am looking
> for cost effective 3D software with or without a cam package. I
have head good things about
> Vector CAD for design, Millwizard CAM to generate machine programs

Vector Cad is your best solution for 3D prismatic parts. It will
soon have an integral Nurbs modeler. (See it at NAMES)

For 3D solid modeling software, we have a list of about 3 dozen
programs under $1000 (some are free) at:
http://www.stlwork.com/3dcad.html

This list does not include Prodesktop and a couple of others that
have been recently released. Since Prodesktop has a nearly full
functional, free version, it's address is best found at
http://www.prodesktop.net

You will find that StlWork lite has about the same capability as
Millwizard, and that StlWork2 has much more, including slabbing and
the spiral surface toolpath that works so well with the Vector Rotary.

Best Regards, Fred Smith- IMService

Listserve Special discounts and offers are at:
http://www.vectorcam.com/cced2.html

Discussion Thread

John Walters 2002-03-03 20:43:05 UTC 3D CAD software Bob Campbell 2002-03-04 07:33:14 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] 3D CAD software imserv1 2002-03-05 20:58:55 UTC Re: 3D CAD software