CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Mini work lights, cheap

Posted by Bertho Boman
on 1999-12-06 13:27:21 UTC
Remember to use the protective little glass covers.

Halogen light outputs a lot of UV light! The glass will absorb most of it.

I saw some medical test with hairless mice and I was amazed at how quickly they developed skin cancer from the Halogen lights
under reasonable test conditions.
Bertho Boman
======================================

Jon Anderson wrote:

> From: Jon Anderson <janders@...>
>
> I've been eyeing a set of three little halogen spot lights at Kmart for
> several months now, and finally got around to buying a set.
> About $16 total buys three 12 volt 20 watt lights that are designed to
> mount somewhat flush. I have to admit, I cannot make any sense of the
> directions for mounting with supplied hardware, but we're not concerned
> with cabinet lighting here. These put out a decent amount of light even
> though the bulbs are not well centered in the reflector. I wired a pair
> to the power supply and they provide more than enough light for my MAX.
> Hooked up a single light to a 12V, 4A power supply and it puts out as
> much light as two on the stock PS.
> I'm going to try running these on an extra computer PS I have, and am
> going to work up a flexible neck/mount assy. Will post pics when I get
> something workable.
> Microfiche readers have much better reflectors, and I have several I've
> collected, but never could get around to fabricating shells from
> scratch.
> Just thought those with little machines might like to hear about an
> inexpensive source for decent little lights.
>
> Jon
>
> > Welcome to CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@...,an unmoderated list for the discussion of shop built systems in the above catagories.
> To Unsubscribe, read archives, change to or from digest.
> Go to: http://www.onelist.com/isregistered.cgi
> Log on, and you will go to Member Center, and you can make changes there.
> For the FAQ, go to http://www.ktmarketing.com/faq.html
> bill,
> List Manager

Discussion Thread

Jon Anderson 1999-12-06 13:18:50 UTC Mini work lights, cheap Bertho Boman 1999-12-06 13:27:21 UTC Re: Mini work lights, cheap WAnliker@a... 1999-12-06 14:47:43 UTC Re: Mini work lights, cheap Jon Anderson 1999-12-06 15:15:49 UTC Re: Mini work lights, cheap Jon Anderson 1999-12-06 15:17:42 UTC Re: Mini work lights, cheap Steve Carlisle 1999-12-06 20:01:05 UTC Re: Mini work lights, cheap Jon Anderson 1999-12-06 19:34:09 UTC Re: Mini work lights, cheap Jon Elson 1999-12-06 22:24:55 UTC Re: Mini work lights, cheap