CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: progress

Posted by timgoldstein
on 2002-03-13 23:32:35 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., Gene <capper@i...> wrote:
> I have 3 gecko 201'S, I think I need a 12K
> resistor to set the power supply to 1.4 amps. How big of a resistor
> should this be? how many watts?

A 1/4 watt resistor is fine. I think I even stuck on a 1/8 one time
and it seemed fine, but Mariss will likely not have good things to
day about that <g>

I also have a 28 volt, ct, 4 amp
> transformer and a bridge rectifier. What kind of cap would I need
and
> how do I hook it up? across the two output leads after the
rectifier?

Yes the cap goes across the leads from the recitfier. There is a
formula on the Gecko site in the stepper white paper that helps you
to figure out the cap. On the other hand you could drop in anything
from a say 10,000 - 20,000 uf that is rated 50 volts or so and it
would probably work just fine.

Tim
[Denver, CO]

Discussion Thread

Gene 2002-03-13 21:29:51 UTC progress timgoldstein 2002-03-13 23:32:35 UTC Re: progress