CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: cable/ wire tidying up, best way ?

Posted by janrwl
on 2002-03-18 18:00:09 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "dave_ace_me" <davemucha@j...> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking into tidying up the cables from the power supply to the
> steppers.
>
> I have seen an expensive rack that attaches to the table and as the
> table moves, it bends and follows the table. Kind of like a
bicycle
> chain, but about 2 inches wide. The wires lay in that and are
> secured so they only bend in one direction. But alwyas are kept
out
> of the way. I think a lot of old pin printers used a similar
concept
> but with ribbon cable and no support.
>
> I have also seen a wire, strung the length of the travel with the
> contol and power wires attached to shower curtain type hangers.
>
> Since I have a ten foot table movement, this is a concern.
>
> How do you large router table guys do it ?
>
> Looking for some pearls or wisdom from those that crashed and
burned,
> or just did it right from the start.
>
> Dave

Dave: I built a HUGE (5' x 12') router-table with a 3.5 hp/400Hz 3-
ph. router-motor and means for rotating that "quill" about adjustable
centers, so as to "drill" different size holes. I used Gortite
(believe it's something like "AA Manufacturing" or whatever?) cable-
ways. They make the "sprocket-chain" kinda stuff, down to
rectangular/flexible conduit "BX" kinda stuff which is just
WUNNERFUL, and professional. They make it to-order, with whatever
kinda flanges you want on the ends. You can find 'em with some kind
of Google search, I supose, and in most IAN kinda magazines, etc.

Discussion Thread

dave_ace_me 2002-03-18 16:19:25 UTC cable/ wire tidying up, best way ? janrwl 2002-03-18 18:00:09 UTC Re: cable/ wire tidying up, best way ? Gail & Bryan Harries 2002-03-18 18:34:49 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: cable/ wire tidying up, best way ? Paul R. Hvidston 2002-03-18 23:02:54 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] cable/ wire tidying up, best way ?