CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Chopper circuit - follow up to motor woes

Posted by Tony Jeffree
on 2002-03-19 16:27:01 UTC
At 23:39 19/03/2002 +0000, you wrote:
>Hi All - I've sent the snail motors back and am going to go the
>Bipolar/Chopper route. I've drawn a circuit using an L297 and two
>L298's but am not sure if I got it right. Before I go any further can
>some kind soul peruse the following link and tell me if the
>schematic's right or not. It's the paralleling bit I'm really unsure
>about.
>
>http://www.pilotltd.net/chopper2.jpg
>
>Thanks in advance!
>
>I've not got the motors yet, and I'm hopefully waiting for a reply
>from the link that Paul sent.

Do you have the SGS Thompson datasheets? They describe how the hookup
should be done. Their site:

http://us.st.com/stonline/index.shtml

Regards,
Tony

Discussion Thread

Steve Blackmore 2002-03-19 14:39:38 UTC Chopper circuit - follow up to motor woes mariss92705 2002-03-19 15:34:53 UTC Re: Chopper circuit - follow up to motor woes Tony Jeffree 2002-03-19 16:27:01 UTC Re: Chopper circuit - follow up to motor woes