CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Bandit I 3 Axis Options?

riflestocks wrote:

> What can be done with a Bandit Series 1 on a Bridgeport Series 1
> mill. Specifically is this controller worth the time to get it
> working or should it be cast aside for a new CNC controller (or some
> hybrid?).
>
> Recommendations would be appreciated.

It depends on what is wrong with it, and how much experience you have
in repairing old electronic gear.

But, in general, if you are going to repair it by replacing whole modules, I
would say "Forget it". You will pay a lot for repair parts (if you can even find
them), and you have no idea how long they will last before new problems
show up.

In the long run, you will probably end up replacing it after a few repairs,
just because you got tired of the unreliability.

riflestocks 2002-03-22 08:33:59 UTC Bandit I 3 Axis Options? Jon Elson 2002-03-22 09:47:14 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Bandit I 3 Axis Options?