CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Yaskawa Motors WORK!!!

on 1999-12-13 06:20:03 UTC
I have a brake on the Z axis of the Milltronics Partner knee mill.
The brake is released when the axis drive power supply is turned on.
The Z axis on this mill is on a slide which will drop under its own
weight if the brake is released without power to the servo motor.

Ballscrews with their lack of friction will not hold loads like
an acme screw. This is the reason some folks feel ballscrews on
a manual mill are not a good idea.

Bob

At 11:14 PM 12/12/99 -0600, you wrote:
>From: Jon Elson <jmelson@...>
>

>Steve Carlisle wrote:
>
>> From: "Steve Carlisle" <quatsein@...>
>>
>> David,
>>
>> The motor brake voltage is usually the same as the
>> motor run voltage. When you apply voltage to the
>> motor, it also applys the same voltage to the brake,
>> at least that has been the system on the mills I have
>> used that contains a spindle brake. The brake is
>> spring activated, electrically released.
>
>That doesn't make sense for a servo motor, however,
>as the motor will often have very low voltage on it
>when moving slowly.
>
>Jon
>
>>Welcome to CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@...,an unmoderated list for the
discussion of shop built systems in the above catagories.
>To Unsubscribe, read archives, change to or from digest.
>Go to: http://www.onelist.com/isregistered.cgi
>Log on, and you will go to Member Center, and you can make changes there.
>For the FAQ, go to http://www.ktmarketing.com/faq.html
>bill,
>List Manager

Discussion Thread

David L Anderson 1999-12-12 14:37:34 UTC Yaskawa Motors WORK!!! Steve Carlisle 1999-12-12 16:47:01 UTC Re: Yaskawa Motors WORK!!! Jon Elson 1999-12-12 21:14:40 UTC Re: Yaskawa Motors WORK!!! Robert Bachman 1999-12-13 06:20:03 UTC Re: Yaskawa Motors WORK!!!