CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: cncpro/microkinetics controller

Posted by carl bruce
on 1999-12-15 03:57:56 UTC
Peter
thanks, I haven't had too much trouble with MK's stuff. Occaionaly[using their software] on startup the X motor will not
reverse,since I am woefully inexperienced with electronics,I have never pinpointed the problem.
Their software is way behind CnC Pro as a controller so I am switching over
Here it gets really strange! Cncpro uses pins 2-9 for step and dir. MK's controller uses 1-8 for "incoming" signal to drivers.
So I used some breakouts to avoid "1 from printer card[follow me?]
I can control any two axis as long as I don't use pin 1or 2 going into the driverack.
I have come to the conclusion that "driverack" pin 1 or 2 has what you guys refer to as dirty power.
If I reconnect to MK's card and software all is fine! It's really got this old carpenter confused
Any Ideas??

Thanks again

PTENGIN@... wrote:

> From: PTENGIN@...
>
> In a message dated 12/13/1999 7:58:49 PM Hawaiian Standard Time,
> carlcnc@... writes:
>
> << Has anyone had success interfacing CNC Pro
> with Microkinetics controls?
> A couple of us have been working at it and have trouble with "X"
> axis.
> Pretty well convinced that the problem is NOT in software.
>
> Thanks
> C. Bruce >>
> There are a lot of small problems with Microkinetics stuff. What specific
> problem is hounding you today? Give us details of your setup. I've traced
> most of my problems to dirty power and cross talk. I used .01 uF caps across
> the active low step and dir lines and ground. I have a pretty smooth system
> but am still using the stock optistepper setup. I assume you have tried
> swapping X and Y or Z to confirm the problemis hardware and not software? Do
> not hit limits when cables are swapped because many controls will not look at
> limits from different axis!
>
> Peter
>
> > Welcome to CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@...,an unmoderated list for the discussion of shop built systems in the above catagories.
> To Unsubscribe, read archives, change to or from digest.
> Go to: http://www.onelist.com/isregistered.cgi
> Log on, and you will go to Member Center, and you can make changes there.
> For the FAQ, go to http://www.ktmarketing.com/faq.html
> bill,
> List Manager

Discussion Thread

carlcnc@x... 1999-12-13 21:58:28 UTC cncpro/microkinetics controller PTENGIN@x... 1999-12-14 10:21:07 UTC Re: cncpro/microkinetics controller carl bruce 1999-12-15 03:57:56 UTC Re: cncpro/microkinetics controller James Hawley 1999-12-14 11:07:16 UTC Re: cncpro/microkinetics controller Harrison, Doug 1999-12-14 11:52:55 UTC RE: cncpro/microkinetics controller Harrison, Doug 1999-12-16 09:58:48 UTC RE: cncpro/microkinetics controller