CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Linear Steppers

Posted by aspaguy
on 2002-03-27 18:47:53 UTC
Might make a good gantry for a router or plasma table. It would
really simplify construction since their would be no need for rack &
pinion or leadscrews etc. Depending on how strong the steppers frame
is, you might not even need separate linear bearings.
Have fun,
Dale

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., Mark Fraser <mfraser@h...> wrote:
> I'm still wondering what to do with the 3-foot long linear stepper
> motor I've got - don't remember if it's 1200 or 12000 steps/inch.
> Several "pounds" of force, at several inches /second, again going
> on memory. Hmmmm... Maybe I'll hook up my Camtronics 5A driver and
> see what happens! Anyone got an idea for me?
>
> After I get the spindle on my Emco lathe properly servo'd, that
is....

> /mark

Discussion Thread

Mark Fraser 2002-03-27 11:54:23 UTC Linear Steppers aspaguy 2002-03-27 18:47:53 UTC Re: Linear Steppers