CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: EMC SurfCAM PostFiles?

Posted by snuckleton
on 2002-03-27 20:34:01 UTC
Bert,
No, yours is the first response. After muddling around a bit,
I read where the EMC interpreter was similiar to the Fanul(?) so
that is the one I chose. After Surfcam generates the gcode,
I manually delete an odd line at the top, I think it is
O00 which seems to cause trouble for EMC. I also remove some
M codes for good measure. (I don't have the Surfcam in front
of me, if you want a more precise description of what I remove
let me know.) In general, the Gcode is pretty good.

What I like about surfcam is it will remove large pockets of
material. I don't think GCode2000 will do that (which I am also
looking at). GCode2000 seems to do only outlines.

Also, SurfCam will create a toolpath with cutter compensation
handled by SurfCam rather than EMC. EMC is very strict about
gouging when you use cutter compensation G41, G42. On the other
hand, since SurfCam is less strict, it must also be gouging in
some cases. I don't know if the tolerance is settable.

Art

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "Bert Pirson" <hpirson@b...> wrote:
> Art,
>
> Did you ever get a response to your post. I have only briefly
looked at
> SurfCAM but was wondering the same thing.
>
> Bert

Discussion Thread

snuckleton 2002-03-25 23:39:45 UTC EMC SurfCAM PostFiles? Bert Pirson 2002-03-27 06:18:59 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC SurfCAM PostFiles? snuckleton 2002-03-27 20:34:01 UTC Re: EMC SurfCAM PostFiles? Chris L 2002-03-27 21:23:17 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: EMC SurfCAM PostFiles?