CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Ground Loop/where to hook5v-

Posted by studleylee
on 2002-03-28 10:05:58 UTC
Hi Carl,

First, what are we talking about here. by "-5v" do you mean
the ground (0volts) ( logic supply is typically 0v(gnd) and +5v )

Or, If you are hooking up a power supply that is putting out -5volts
and +5volts, etc, then hooking -5volts to the gnd reference, the
potential at to +5volt output will be 10volts with respect to the gnd
ref.

I dont know if this was a previous thread, but describe more of what
your hooking up.

-Lee

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "carlcnc" <carlcnc@y...> wrote:
> Should the -5v logic supply go to the -dc side on drive
> or to a gnd pin on db25?? It seems that if I do the latter
> I end up with too much current on all signal lines.
>
> I usualy wire the +5 to opto inputs on drivers,and to the + side
of a
> couple of solidstate relays. Then I run the -5 to ??
>
> thanks
> Carl

Discussion Thread

carlcnc 2002-03-28 06:56:27 UTC Ground Loop/where to hook5v- studleylee 2002-03-28 10:05:58 UTC Re: Ground Loop/where to hook5v-