CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Belt drive

Posted by Tim Goldstein
on 1999-12-15 08:04:13 UTC
Ron,

Check out:
http://www.sdp-si.com/
I would suggest requesting their catalog as it explains the differences
between the various models of belts and gives you all the charts for
calculating the lengths and determining the tension.

Tim
[Denver, CO]

----- Original Message -----
From: Ron Ginger <ginger@...>
To: <CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@onelist.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 15, 1999 7:54 AM
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Belt drive

> From: Ron Ginger <ginger@...>
>
> I have ordered one of the new Grizzly mini-mills and plan to make a CNC
> machine out of it. I am viewing the mill as a 'part machined kit of
> castings' I expect to throw away just about everything except the
> castings, scrape them to a good fit and build up from there.
>
> I intend to use belt drive between the stepper motor and the leadscrews.
> Are there any tips on setting the correct pulley ratio?
>
> Anyone have a program that calculates belt length given pulley diameters
> and center distance?
>
> Where is the best place to order belts and pulleys?
>
> What is best to tension the belt- slotted screws for mounting or an
> idler pulley?
>
> Ive got some nema34 steppers of 250oz/in rating. Are these likely to do
> this small mill?
>
> thanks for the tips,
>
> ron

Discussion Thread

Ron Ginger 1999-12-15 06:54:01 UTC Belt drive Tim Goldstein 1999-12-15 08:04:13 UTC Re: Belt drive aolney 1999-12-15 07:39:29 UTC RE: Belt drive Rich Dean 1999-12-15 09:45:24 UTC Re: Belt drive Steve Carlisle 1999-12-15 17:18:35 UTC Re: Belt drive Bill Martin 1999-12-15 19:05:00 UTC Re: Belt drive