CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: kernel2.2.13 and EMC

Posted by Ian Wright
on 1999-12-15 08:12:41 UTC
Hello Brian,

Thanks for your reply. The further I get into this, the less I seem to
understand!!!

I think I've made a little progress but again I have quickly hit the wall
and I'm flummoxed.
My rtl files are at /usr/src/rtlinux-2.0/rtl and I have put in a link
(ln -d -s /usr/src/rtlinux-2.0/rtl /usr/src/rtl) to point to them. Initially
I got it wrong and pointer to the wrong directory and so I tried changing
the address in the generic.run file to point directly at where the rtl_sched
file is (/rtl/shedulers/). I assumed that this would have the same effect -
either way now generates the same error messages which are:-
unresolved symbol.......... request_ipi
unresolved symbol.......... rtl_tqueue_lock
unresolved symbol.......... free_ipi
unresolved symbol.......... rtl_setclockhandler
unresolved symbol.......... rtl_getbestclock

These couldn't be the clock-related problems which have been mentioned as
still plaguing this version of EMC could they - if so, how have you overcome
them?
The other thing is that the names of the actual motor driving files seem to
have changed and I don't now have a 'steppermod.o, emcmotsim.o', etc. The
files I do have don't seem to want to work although I guess this is probably
because of the other errors above. I wondered if I could just move all the
directories around to get them in the order EMC would prefer but, as I have
very little knowledge of how linux works and I don't know what dependencies
there may be lurking in the background, I decided that I should leave things
alone until I had more advice on this.
One final point, I said above that my first attempt at making a link from
the actual rtl directory to where it should be went wrong. When I looked at
the documentation on my machine about deleting a link, it seemed to say that
if I do delete a link, it will also delete all the files that the link
points to - is this right and, if so, how can you get rid of a link you
don't want or have finished with?
Thanks

Ian
--