CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] newbe not a clue cnc small mill

Posted by RichD
on 2002-03-31 07:54:49 UTC
Andrew,
You need a step and direction interface (translator) which can be
built using the L297/L298 chip set.
There is a low cost kit available from Camtronics:
http://www.seanet.com/~dmauch/ (3 axis controller)
This will do anything you need and is highly recommended.
A 100VA 30-40VDC power supply will also be needed.
For a low end controller program that's a snap to install and use
is CNC Pro by Yeager:
http://www.yeagerautomation.com/
I'm not connected with these folks, just a happy user.
Feel free to email me if you need any help.
RichD

andrewbishop66 wrote:

> Sorry if I seem totally stupid
> I have big machines that I'm happy with at the moment but someone has
> given me a cowells mill with a table size of approx. 160 mm x 60 mm
> I'd like to use it for small components and engraving can I direct
> drive the steppers from a parallel port using a cheep interface of
> simple ish design etc I have a background in electronics &
> engineering and have made various interfaces for smart cards ect not
> from my own design though any help would be great
> Thanks

Discussion Thread

andrewbishop66 2002-03-31 07:01:58 UTC newbe not a clue cnc small mill RichD 2002-03-31 07:54:49 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] newbe not a clue cnc small mill batwings@i... 2002-04-01 03:24:23 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] newbe not a clue cnc small mill