CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] newbe not a clue cnc small mill

Posted by batwings@i...
on 2002-04-01 03:24:23 UTC
At 12:07 PM 3/31/02 -0000, you wrote:
>drive the steppers from a parallel port using a cheep interface of
>simple ish design etc I have a background in electronics

Using I-LPT you can drive it thru printer cards on parallel. I use that
driver and it has been very good for me. You can either do what I did,
which was to write your own interface for the driver, or you can simply
send it command files by using DOS 'type > motor' command. In latter case
you need to compose your command files by hand. See BelFab URL in tagline
for the result of doing it my way.

Regards, Hoyt

Belfab CNC - http://www.freeyellow.com/members/belfab/belfab.html
Best MC Repair - http://www.freeyellow.com/members/batwings/best.html
Camping/Caving - http://www.freeyellow.com/members/batwings/caving.html
In Hebrew, 'Arafat' means 'cold-blooded murderer'

Discussion Thread

andrewbishop66 2002-03-31 07:01:58 UTC newbe not a clue cnc small mill RichD 2002-03-31 07:54:49 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] newbe not a clue cnc small mill batwings@i... 2002-04-01 03:24:23 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] newbe not a clue cnc small mill