CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC say XYZ in steppermod

barker806 wrote:

> Ok here it is I have EMC running on the latest BDI install. I would
> like to use the Steppetmod.o. When I open the control The axis are
> labeled 0,1,2 The program runs fine but I would like X,Y,Z (the
> machinist in me) I looked under the COORINENTS in the ini file they
> are XYZ. Then being the optimist I said why not try sim... It came up
> as XYZ. Great but I can't run the machine bummer. I think in my head
> that there is something wrong in the steppermod file (I could be
> wrong it has happened before). Has anyone had this problem?? Why
> would this be a problem?

steppermod.o, the actual piece of code that commands the steppers,
has nothing to do with what you see on the screen. Now, when you
say "steppermod file", this may be a file that runs emc with steppermod.o
as the motion module. There should be a "run" file, usually with a name like
emc.run or generic.run, that sets things up, and also directs EMC to use
a particular ini file. The name of the ini file is about the 6th line in the run
file, and looks like :

INIFILE=emc.ini

So, check the files to make sure you know what .ini file is actually being
used.

sim uses a different .ini file than your steppermod version does. In fact,
every different version of EMC should have an .ini file specific to it.

barker806 2002-04-02 14:55:54 UTC EMC say XYZ in steppermod Tim Goldstein 2002-04-02 15:15:20 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC say XYZ in steppermod Jon Elson 2002-04-02 22:09:18 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC say XYZ in steppermod Tim Goldstein 2002-04-02 22:17:12 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC say XYZ in steppermod Jon Elson 2002-04-02 22:40:48 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC say XYZ in steppermod