CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: RPM Meter

Posted by hansw
on 1999-12-20 06:05:02 UTC
So that's why people want a low RPM meter....
OK I'll modify the code as soon as I get a chance and make it do 0.1 RPM
resolution.... May be a switch to make it range 999.9 and 9999
Look for it in the next week, I'll post a message when it's ready.
Regards
Hans Wedemeyer

Par Willen wrote:

> hansw wrote:
>
> <snips>
>
> Hello, I just joined the list.
>
> My name is Par Willen out of Stockholm Sweden. Bought my own first
> lathe
> just a couple of weeks ago, a SB 9 x 24 "clone" that I've spent a few
> days in overhauling.
>
> I am waiting the parts delivery for a DRO setup using the HEDS
> encoders
> and software as per Tom Kulagas setup. While I am at it, the next
> thing
> was obviously to build some sort of r.p.m meter to get the correct
> cutting speed. I know next to nothing about electronics and thought
> this
> list would be way over my head but lo'n behold, the first digest I
> read
> has Hans' RPM meter in it. Jackpot! Seems like the absolute ideal
> project to get my feet wet with the PIC chip.
>

> > Is there that much of a need for a precise low RPM measuring device
> ?
>
> I'm looking at fairly low spindle speeds. I don't have my trusty
> spreadsheet on this PC but if we're talking cutting speeds of 70
> f.p.s.
> on a 5 inch diameter piece, the backgear is definitely going to come
> into use with spindle speeds down in the 50-60 r.p.m. range.
>
> On the high side would be a cutting speed of 300 f.p.s on a 1 (one)
> inch
> piece which comes out at an absolute max of say 1300 r.p.ms at the
> spindle.
>
> Please keep it up, I'm following this one with great interest and need
> all the help I can get.
>
> Regards
> PiPPi

> Log on, and you will go to Member Center, and you can make changes
> there.
> For the FAQ, go to http://www.ktmarketing.com/faq.html
> bill,
> List Manager

> [Image]
> Click Here

Discussion Thread

Par Willen 1999-12-20 04:37:26 UTC Re: RPM Meter hansw 1999-12-20 06:05:02 UTC Re: RPM Meter Par Willen 1999-12-21 06:01:08 UTC Re: RPM Meter