CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: EMC configutation

Posted by Matt Shaver
on 1999-12-20 17:57:24 UTC
> From: StephenTate@...
>
> Hi, my name is Steve. I am new to the group, but I am already in deep into
my latest project and need some help.

> I recently purchased a Bridgeport BOSS 4.1 and installed a Slow Motion
controller card which I am trying to drive it with EMC. I have the card and
software installed and turned everything on for the first time on Friday
night. The EMC program will load and begins but it is giving me the
following error code:

> RS274ngc_restore_parameter:error 18 cannot open file
>
> Can anyone tell me what this means?

1. Are you logged on as 'root' ?
2. Is the EMC installed in /usr/local/nist/emc ?
3. What version of the EMC are you using (emc-dd-mmm-yyyy.tgz) ?
4. What Linux version and distribution ?

> Over the weekend I was able to get the BOSS to jog but I had to
> turn the feed rate down to 1 IPM (on the screen) to keep it from loosing
steps. It was really moving at about 120 IPM. Also it
> moves 8 steps at a time when I try to single step it. What changes do I
need
> to make to EMC.INI file?

Offhand I'd say you need to change the INPUT_SCALE parameters to either 2000
for a .0005"/step machine, or 1000 for a .001"/step machine.

INPUT_SCALE = 2000 0

or

INPUT_SCALE = 1000 0

Good Luck and let's here more about your project,

Matt Shaver

Discussion Thread

StephenTate@x... 1999-12-20 16:21:13 UTC EMC configutation Matt Shaver 1999-12-20 17:57:24 UTC Re: EMC configutation