CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Newbie ¡¡¡Help!! ! with system

Posted by Les Newell
on 2002-04-08 09:15:00 UTC
Sounds like you are trying to drive the motor too fast. Max speed=6000
sounds rather high to me.
try
Max speed =500
Accel=1000
Max start speed=100
Pulse width = 10 (this should be OK for a P266-P300)

Use jog to move the axis while testing as this will move it at max speed.

If the motor works, first take down the pulse width until it stops working.
Then multiply that value by about 1.5.

Now try increasing max speed until the motor starts then stops and whines.
Decrease the max speed to about 75% of this value.

Increase acceleration until the motor fails to keep up then decrease it by
about 75%

Increase max start speed until the motor fails to start. Divide this by
half.

You will now have a starting point that roughly works. Find a nice
complicated job and run it. If the motor loses position then try reducing
the acceleration, max start speed and max speed parameters.

It can take a long time to get a stepper system tuned to perfection. I have
spent a couple of days on mine and am still not totally happy with the
settings.

Les