CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] dust and rails

Posted by Sven Peter
on 2002-04-11 07:01:03 UTC
Dust and Rails or Dust and bed ways:
The best is always to avoid that dust gets on them.
So you are right: suck the nasty stuff away!

Before you start working: wipe of the dust with a cloth
and oil well, is still valuable.

After that I may recomend the Kabelschlepp BAS waywiper in
combination with a back up of felt. Any dirt that may have
passed the wiper will be get trapped in the felt.
Then wash the felt once every 6 month and you are happy.
I back up the BAS18 wiper with a 1/2"*1/8" flat brass or
aluminium profile to make the space for the felt and that no
coolant gets to the felt.
For the BAS wiper you get spare PU-profile that you just put in
the old wiper.
Good luck to everybody
Sven Peter

dave_ace_me wrote:

> Hi Chris and all,
>
> I was at a shop yestarday looking at their plazma cutter.
>
> 1.5" shaft for the gantry, totally exposed. supported every 18
> inches by standard supports, open style linear ball bearings.
>
> The unit had a water table, but it also had a large collar around the
> cutter. This was angled to prevent the part from hittting the tip,
> but it was also connected to the exhaust. The area was very clean.
>
> A flexable hose and vaccuummee (I know there are two of some letters
> in that word) seems really easy.
>
> Also, the shop was clean. no splatter, no dust. and no large fans
> and curtains and all that jazz.
>
> btw, on my table, I am using a single lead screw, under the table,
> with telescoping tubing as protection. This is very simple and well
> worth the effort to keep chips clear.
>
> Dave
>
> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_D

Discussion Thread

Sven Peter 2002-04-11 07:01:03 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] dust and rails