CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Fanuc OT control File upload

Posted by steveggca
on 2002-04-19 04:03:49 UTC
Hi Scott happily it is quite simple

for the cable you need a 25 pin connector on the fanuc side and a 25
or nine pin connector on the pc side.
first on the fanuc connector jumper pins 4 and 5 together
next jumper pins 6 , 8, and 20 together.
now, from fanuc to pc connect pin 2-3 and 3-2 . if you have a 25 pin
connector on your pc connect fanuc pin 7 to pc pin 7 , if a 9 pin
pc connector connect fanuc 7 to pc 5
If (and you should) use shielded cable connect the shield to pin 1
of the fanuc connector.

pins 2 and 3 are data sent and receive pin 7(5) is signal ground.
the other jumpered pins are handshaking pins

O.K. this is the part where I lied about it being simple.

next you need to match baud rate,stop bit, and byte lenght(EIA,ISO
in fanuc speak) a good starting point is 2400baud 2 stop bits and
whatever byte length you use.
the rs232 port is normally channel 0 ,find these in the fanuc
parameter manual. later manuals have this info grouped in an appendix
earlier manuals do not. Happy hunting!

for uploading to the fanuc control set the control to read first and
then set the pc software to send.
for downloading from the OT, set the pc to recieve and then the OT
to write.

I do not at the moment have specific parameter info at hand but if
you need I can get it and send it to you.

Steve

for downloading set the pc
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "fuddham" <fuddham@a...> wrote:
> I have just got my YAM CNC CK-1 running. It has the Fanuc OT
> controller. I need help saving files to a PC. It has a RS-232
port
> and I think that I have the proper pin configuration. I also have
> program called Direct Access that came with the lathe, but I have
no
> instructions on how to use it. Could someone help me with the pin
> config. and how to transfer files using this or another program?
>
> Thanks
>
> Scott Hamilton

Discussion Thread

fuddham 2002-04-17 19:14:22 UTC Fanuc OT control File upload steveggca 2002-04-19 04:03:49 UTC Re: Fanuc OT control File upload fuddham@a... 2002-04-19 19:18:50 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Fanuc OT control File upload steveggca 2002-04-22 04:07:55 UTC Re: Fanuc OT control File upload scott wilson 2002-04-22 06:14:23 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Fanuc OT control File upload fuddham@a... 2002-04-22 18:11:37 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Fanuc OT control File upload Carol & Jerry Jankura 2002-04-22 19:38:14 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Fanuc OT control File upload