CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] flashcut

Posted by Chris L
on 2002-04-21 09:02:07 UTC
JS,
Did you happen to try some other communication rates to the serial port ? Some Computers may have a hard time delivering data in a corrdinated effort.... Set your speeds of the port you are using
lower in the "ports" section of control panel, then match those rates with the speed options in Flashcuts setup. You could also try a different port.

I have had a very rare occasion of what you describe, but found it to be an electrical discharge of static related to my dust collection system, that would cause a loss of communication. Typically
never any "run-away" or danger involved, just plain stops dead in its tracks. Check that no simular situation exists on your machine.

Chris L