CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] board repair

Posted by Dan Mauch
on 2002-04-23 07:38:16 UTC
If you reversed just the connections to the motor terminal block then
you probably just blew the L298. If however you connected the power
leads to the Logic side at J7 backwards, then you probably toasted the
4066, the 74hct123 and ds11233 and the l297.
Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: keongsan [mailto:keongsan@...]
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2002 9:11 PM
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] board repair

Hi all,

I have inherited a camtronics 2A driver board, a very nice board.
Wish I can have more of them.

Now I have a small problem (and a nice opportunity to learn board
repair) which I hope some electronics enthusiast/camtronic owner on
the list can provide some helpful pointer.

I may have reversed the polarity to the motor power supply. Now when
I apply the 12-18VDC to the logic side, the LED's does not light up.

I want to know what components of the driver board are most likely to
take a rest when the motor power supply polarity is reversed?

Thanking you in advance

Keongsan

Addresses:

OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to reach it
if you have trouble.

sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are there,
for OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.

Post messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Moderator: jmelson@... timg@... [Moderator]