CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: board repair

Posted by keongsan
on 2002-04-23 18:46:36 UTC
Hi Dan,

Thanks for the info. Looks like this time lucky. It was most probably
the 7812 used to suppy the 12-18VDC that was the problem. It was used
without a heatsink. Changing a new 7812 plus a heatsink gave a nice
yellow and green glow to your board. (BTW am I too near the 12 of the
12-18VDC requirement of the logic circuit?)

However using MDI to try to move the stepper resulted in deadly
silence. However, thanks to you kindly providing a nice spot for us
to place our VOM probe I can now do some "nice" trouble-shooting
(Gecko shouuld provide this feature). While the computer was spitting
out step signal, Vref remained at the holding reference voltage of
0.25. I think most likely the stepping signal are not reaching the
driver? Probably the lousy slapped-together I am using or I got the
pinouts wrong. Will look into that afterwards.

Now looking for a website where one can learn trouble-shooting. Any
list members have a website with that?

Thanks in advance

Keongsan