CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Re: Surface Mounting Components

on 1999-12-26 11:26:25 UTC
Bill, you have a page on your website called misc for sale.
is there a description page and pricing for theses items?

Steve Carlisle

----------
From: Tyler Griffin <tyler@...>
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@onelist.com
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Surface Mounting Components
Date: Sunday, December 26, 1999 9:48 AM

I have built about 10 solder suckers using the handpiece and accessories
(tips etc) from PACE. I bought these directly from a pace supplier. The
power units I constructed were housed in an aluminum enclosure, I used a 12
volt powersupply, a 12 volt solenoid valve, a 12 volt vacuum pump (same as
used in Mercedes power door lock system), and one of those cast aluminum
project boxes (best fit into my cabinet with the other components) for the
vacuum reservoir, and I also used 2 ordinary household lamp dimmers as heat
control, one for a soldering iron and one for the desoldering iron. These
worked out real nice and some are still being used today. If anyone is
interested, I could probably find one and take some pics of what I did and
put them on my web site. A good source for the desoldering handpieces is
amateur radio swapmeets, there always seems to be some of the old pace
compressed air operated desoldering systems available for $5 to $25, if you
dont have the air compressor to run it, the handpiece is still able to
replicate the commercial units.

Earl

> Earl,
> I think I would try to buy a solder sucker, at least the Iron, you will
> need a good supply of "bit" and homemade ones would be eaten away much
> to quickly.

[Attachments have been removed from this message]

Welcome to CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@...,an unmoderated list for the
discussion of shop built systems in the above catagories.
To Unsubscribe, read archives, change to or from digest.
Go to: http://www.onelist.com/isregistered.cgi
Log on, and you will go to Member Center, and you can make changes there.
For the FAQ, go to http://www.ktmarketing.com/faq.html
bill,
List Manager

Discussion Thread

Tyler Griffin 1999-12-26 09:48:16 UTC Re: Surface Mounting Components Steve Carlisle 1999-12-26 11:26:25 UTC Re: Re: Surface Mounting Components