CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Bidgeport Series 1 Retrofit

on 1999-12-26 16:39:50 UTC
Hey, Matt, someone not catching your humor!

Steve

----------
From: Paul Corner <Paul.Corner@...>
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@onelist.com
Subject: Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Bidgeport Series 1 Retrofit
Date: Sunday, December 26, 1999 1:23 PM

From: Paul Corner <Paul.Corner@...>

On Sat, 25 Dec 1999, you wrote:
> From: "Mike keller" <legmaker@...>
>
> Has anyone ever converted or retrofitted a Bridgeport Series 1? I just
got
> one and am looking for input..
> Thanks in Advance

Hi Mike

I have a Series II Interact which I will be converting next year all going
well.
Assuming yours has a Heidenhain control,I would beg to differ with Matt.
All
the wires for the I/O, servo, and encoders terminate within the pendant -
each
labeled and with it's own plug. If I can find a suitable monitor I will
build
the PC and screen into a new box to replace the pendant. Also on the cards,
is
to replace the exsisting servo drives and power supply with four of Jon's
servo
amps. Then I can plug in a rotary axis which I can not do at present for a
reasonable cost.
The only items that might cause problems, all be it minor, would be the
limit
switches need to be rewired.
Any changes I make will need to be easily changed back to orignal so that
the
machine can be sold with minimum fuss sould the need arise.

If you have any further info on your machine, drop me a line. Do you have a
wiring diagram ?
If not, with a serial number, I could probably get one from Bridgeport when
I'm
next over that way.

Regards' Paul.

Welcome to CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@...,an unmoderated list for the
discussion of shop built systems in the above catagories.
To Unsubscribe, read archives, change to or from digest.
Go to: http://www.onelist.com/isregistered.cgi
Log on, and you will go to Member Center, and you can make changes there.
For the FAQ, go to http://www.ktmarketing.com/faq.html
bill,
List Manager

Discussion Thread

Mike keller 1999-12-25 13:21:27 UTC Bidgeport Series 1 Retrofit Matt Shaver 1999-12-25 20:28:40 UTC Re: Bidgeport Series 1 Retrofit Roland Friestad 1999-12-26 07:12:55 UTC Re: Bidgeport Series 1 Retrofit Paul Corner 1999-12-26 13:23:05 UTC Re: Bidgeport Series 1 Retrofit Steve Carlisle 1999-12-26 16:39:50 UTC Re: Bidgeport Series 1 Retrofit Matt Shaver 1999-12-26 15:20:08 UTC Re: Bidgeport Series 1 Retrofit Darrell 1999-12-26 23:37:58 UTC Re: Bidgeport Series 1 Retrofit